STAR Atlas:PRO frequently asked questions - FAQs
What is Pixel Mode and how do I use it ?
Most graphics adapters permit STAR Atlas:PRO to use a single picture element ( a Pixel ) of the computer's screen to draw the smallest, or rather faintest, Stars. This is the preferred setting for the most effective looking star charts.
1. Open Star Atlas: PRO.
2. Click on [Chart Prefs] on the main menu.
3. Click [Program Settings & Configuration].
4. Click on [Other Options] (along top menu).
5. Click [Enable Pixel Graphics Mode].
Important: If you can not see a single white dot appear in the Pixel Check Box when you enable Pixel Mode, then your computer's graphics adapter is not compatible with Pixel Mode. If this is the case do not leave Pixel Mode enabled, since it will result in the faintest Stars on charts not appearing at all !
6. Now click [Finish] and then [Redraw] and the chart will be re-drawn with the faintest stars appearing as a single Pixel.
Back to FAQ Index